Statement of faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe that there is one God (2 Corinthians 8:6; Ephesians 4:6) eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18, 2; Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19).
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1-14), in His virgin birth (Matthew 1:18-25), in His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 2 Corinthians 5:21), in His miracles (John 2:11, 3:2), in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood (1 Peter 2:24, 3:18), in His bodily resurrection (Acts 2:24, 10:40), in His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Matthew 16:19), and in His personal visible return in power and glory (Luke 21:27).
- We believe that man was created by God in His own image as genetically male and female, and that marriage was instituted by God whereby one man and one woman are joined together in lifelong commitment to faithful companionship, and that Biblical marriage is the only legitimate and acceptable context for sexual intimacy (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:20-24; Matthew 19:4-6; Romans 7:2; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are therefore under condemnation (Romans 1:20, 3:12-19; Ephesians 4:22). We believe that those who repent and forsake sin, and by faith alone (Ephesians 2:8-9) trust Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit (Acts 3:19, Colossians 2:13) and become new creatures who are delivered from condemnation and receive eternal life (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (John 14:17; 1 John 2:27).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Acts 23:8, 24:15; Luke 16:22-26).
- We believe that heaven and hell are definite places (2 Corinthians 5:1; Matthew 10:28).
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 1:10; John 17:21).
- We believe in the literal interpretation of the Book of Genesis in the description of creation. We believe that God created the universe by His spoken word in six 24-hour days. We further believe that man was created as a complete and perfect being unlike all other created beings. He is not a descendant of any other species that God created. (Genesis 1, 2; Colossians 1:16)
Photo credit: Ryk Neethling, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/